In South Gippsland
Recently completed works in South Gippsland have included:
- installation of livestock fencing at the RoRo at Port Welshpool
- maintenance on McLoughlins Beach Jetty (see at link for Gippsland Ports McLoughlins Beach Information Sheet & FAQ’s)
- scheduled inspections and navigations aid maintenance
Planned works for 2019 include:
- replacement of fenders and walers on part of the Port Welshpool Fishermans Jetty
- annual buoy exchange program for Corner Inlet and Port Albert
- Navigation aids upgrades in Lewis Channel and Port Albert Channel.
Gippsland Ports will continue its use of portable electronic variable messaging boards to highlight particular waterways safety issues.