Local Navigation Notice
Port of Gippsland Lakes
DATE: 22 JAN 2018
DETAILS: Mariners are advised that Gippsland Ports have established or lit Aids to Navigation in the Gippsland Lakes as follows;
1. Butler Point (Entrance to Newlands Arm) – a Port Hand Lateral Mark beacon (Fl.R.2s) has been established;
2. Bluff Head Point – Starboard Hand Lateral Mark beacon (Fl.G.4s) has been established;
3. Wollaston Bay – the existing Port Hand Lateral Mark beacon has been lit (Fl.R.4s);
4. Paynesville Canal – three (3) unlit 5 knot speed restriction buoys have been established;
5. Approaches to the McLennan Strait – three (3) existing Port Hand Lateral Mark beacons have been lit and synchronised;
- (i) Beacon Number 4 (Fl.R.3s);
- ii) Beacon Number 8 (Fl.R.3s)
- (iii) Beacon Number 12 (Fl.R3s);
View the Notice for position details.
Further Information is available from Gippsland Ports on 0427610025.